Basic Hostage Negotiations
The 40 hour course which is designed to teach new negotiators the basics of hostage negotiations. Upon completion of this course the new negotiator will have a full understanding of all aspects of hostage negotiations and will be able to function in any role of a hostage negotiator team. This course meets standards set forth by TCOLE and by the State of Texas for wiretap warrants.
The Course covers the following and more:
– History of Negotiations
– Characteristics of a Negotiable Incident and Stages of an Incident
– Active Listening and Communication Skills
– Handling Demands, Effects of Time
– Recognizing Psychological, Mental and Emotional disorders, how to recognize them and deal with them, including Stockholm Syndrome
– The Effects of Stress, Stages of Stress and Stress in the Hostage Situation
– Team Structure
– Intelligence Coordination
– A full day of Realistic Scenarios and Scenario Training
Location: Fort Worth Police Academy 1000 Calvert St. Ft. Worth, TX 76107
Hosted by TAHN Region 8
Director Raymon Cannon
Texas Association of Hostage Negotiators30th Annual Training ConferenceOctober 9-13, 2023Arlington, TexasScan QR Code for Printable ...
T.A.H.N Annual College Scholarship Each year, the Texas Association of Hostage Negotiators awards up to 3 scholarships of $1000 each for our member’s children for use toward their secondary education. Please send your scholarship applications, ...