40-Hour Hostage Negotiations Course
TAHN Region 3 Vice President Angie Strachan and the League City Police Department are offering this 40 hour course which is designed to teach new negotiators the basics of hostage negotiations. Upon completion of this course the new negotiator will have a full understanding of all aspects of hostage negotiations and will be able to function in any role of a hostage negotiator team. This course meets standards set forth by TCOLE and by the State of Texas for wiretap warrants.
The Course covers the following and more:
– History of Negotiations
– Characteristics of a Negotiable Incident and Stages of an Incident
– Active Listening and Communication Skills
– Handling Demands, Effects of Time
– Recognizing Psychological, Mental and Emotional disorders, how to recognize them and deal with them, including Stockholm Syndrome
– The Effects of Stress, Stages of Stress and Stress in the Hostage Situation
– Team Structure
– Intelligence Coordination
– A full day of Realistic Scenarios and Scenario Training
CLASS DATES: June 17-21, 2019
League City Police Department
555 W. Walker St.
League City, TX 77573
TO REGISTER: Once you start to register click the below link. This will take you to the Region IV Training page. Once in Region IV Training page select one of the four options. If you’re already a member, click 40 Hr Basic Course TAHN Member. If you’re not yet a member, click the 40 Hr Basic Course Non-TAHN Member which will get you a membership as well as tuition. Once you have registered please create a profile for the Member Login for the member attending the course.
Cost is $100.00 for TAHN members and $140.00 for non-TAHN members.
Detective Angie Strachan
Region 3 Vice President
Texas Association of Hostage Negotiators30th Annual Training ConferenceOctober 9-13, 2023Arlington, TexasScan QR Code for Printable ...
T.A.H.N Annual College Scholarship Each year, the Texas Association of Hostage Negotiators awards up to 3 scholarships of $1000 each for our member’s children for use toward their secondary education. Please send your scholarship applications, ...